Friday, July 13, 2012

Face Time

FaceTime

Lately I have found that my world has been narrowed to posts on Facebook and occasional texts between friends on the phone.  During the school year I have plenty of face time with fellow moms and friends as we drop off and pick up our kids from school.  Days are filled up with school, library visits and sports practices . . . so I get a lot of time, one on one with friends. 

Summer break brings a lot of fun filled days outside in the garden or with trips to the river.  My kids love summer and they like just being able to hang out at home.  Except . . . sometimes they feel lonely and they want to play with a friend.  Sometimes, I don't feel like having more kids over, so I tell a child, just call your friend and talk.  Said child complains . . . It's just not the same, I want to see my friend.

I want to see my friends to.  I want to see the expressions on their faces when they tell me about their latest triumphs or sorrows.  I want to engage, one on one, with the friends I cherish.  I want to do an about face and ditch Facebook and my phone and get down to the nitty gritty and actually talk to my friends.  Except, whoops, most of the time I need electronics to reach out and make that first contact.  So I can have face time.

I need more face time.  Anyone? 

1 comment:

  1. Yep. I'm a shut in most of the time. Facebook gives me access I wouldn't otherwise have. I hate it. I love it. I hate it. I need people...just stop over and I'll let you in...but that never happens...so I rely on Facebook to keep me connected. I hate it. I love it. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete