Monday, September 5, 2011

Life. In a Jar. That is the name of my newest blog effort. I've tried twice before to blog, I even updated my previous blog once. I'm not sure why I'm beginning this blog, except to say that I have some thoughts I want so share - and some life experiences that I think you will enjoy.

An example: My hubby and I recently embarked on a trip to Joplin, Montana to attend a funeral. Many of you (count your blessings) will not be familiar with Joplin, Montana and that is okay. Let me say this about Joplin: as you drive into the "proper" town you come upon a sign (made by my father-in -law) that proclaims Joplin as the "Biggest Little City on Earth". Joplin, Montana is located at the most north-central part of Montana. One of it's redeeming qualities is the Sweetgrass Hills. They stand tall in an otherwise flat, boring part of the world. People talk about the "hills". My husband and his father talk about the "hills". The minister at the funeral we attended talked about the "hills", relating them to the hills David referred to in the Psalms. I don't go to Joplin very often ( except for funerals it seems). But those Sweetgrass Hills do have a draw. They stand out, proud and tall and they don't seem to change from season to season, or year to year.

The funeral my husband I attended was for his aunt. She was born and raised in Joplin and had been married for 66 years. 16 years ago she suffered a stroke and her husband made sure he was by her side everyday, he was her companion, her right hand and her best friend. She was short. Really short. One of her sons remarked at her funeral that it was fitting that the tallest short lady on earth was being remembered (and buried) in the biggest little city on earth.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to the blogoshpere. I look forward to this latest effort. And the name is fantastic. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete