Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fog

Today I woke up to fog. And, to be honest I was in a fog. I recently discovered the wonders of ear plugs, which block out the sounds of my hubby when he snores himself to sleep. The downside of the ear plugs is that he has to shake me awake. And, most mornings I'm not ready to wake up - hence the fog.

So, this morning, after being shaken awake so that I could tell my hubby goodbye for a couple of days, I attempted to retrieve some of my share of the bed covers from my 7 year old snuggler. No luck, so I stumbled out of bed in search of some sunshine and a diet coke. Couldn't find the sun, but I did find the diet coke I had hidden from my 13 year old daughter the night before. Success!

Then, I looked outside to see fog everywhere. It was laying on the fields close to the house, heavy and gray and wet looking. Blech! I would have gone back to bed, but the girls needed to catch the bus, and the littles needed a ride to school. Got the lunches packed and the girls off to the bus. Who knew it was wear pink day at school? Not me - but my 13 year old daughter had to go back to the house to get all decked out in pink . . . really?

Anyway, got the girls off to the bus stop, came back home to get the little kids ready for school - they were happy and eager to go. Got in the car . . . and drove into the fog. My son asked me lots of questions about fog and I tried my best to answer them - then all of the sudden we saw sunshine . . . it was beautiful.

The moment reminded me that today, was just like yesterday. I mean the kids, the conditions and everything were the same - just without the fog. When I saw the sunlight I was so happy to come out of the fog. The only difference was that today I was happy to see the sun - I didn't take the day for granted , like I do most other days. So thank you heavy, gray, dull fog - you helped me see the day for what it was - a wonderful gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment